No to JPC is approval to corruption: Chautala
Bhiwani: Centre`s no to Joint Parliamentary Committee probe into 2G scam is a "silent approval to corruption" by UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Indian National Lok Dal supremo Om Prakash Chautala said on Saturday.
"Despite such a big scam, UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, while disrespecting demand of JPC in parliament, have given their silent approval to corruption," Chautala told reporters here.
The Haryana Leader of Opposition said the UPA government at the Centre would be remembered for its "scams".
During UPA regime many scams, such as Adarsh Housing Society, CWG and 2G allocation, have been unearthed, Chautala said as he suspected corruption in the land acquisitions in Haryana.
He said if mid-term elections were held in India, Congress would face the same fate as it faced in Bihar assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'