No trust deficit with civil society: Pranab
New Delhi: A day before activist Anna Hazare
sits on dharna at Jantar Mantar, Finance Minister Pranab
Mukherjee on Saturday said there is no trust deficit between the government, civil society and other stakeholders.
Addressing industrialists at a Ficci meeting here, the
he said the government needs cooperation from all
stakeholders, including the industry.
"Let me assure you that there is no trust deficit and
without the cooperation of industry, the larger political
establishment and civil society we cannot be equal to the
gigantic task at hand," he said.
Hazare will be sitting on a day long fast at Jantar
Mantar here to press for protection of those who blow whistle
In the backdrop of several scams, the government has been facing pressure from sections of civil society for a strong Lokpal Bill against corruption.
Besides, some industry leaders had talked about policy
paralysis afflicting the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state