No trust deficit with civil society: Pranab
New Delhi: A day before activist Anna Hazare
sits on dharna at Jantar Mantar, Finance Minister Pranab
Mukherjee on Saturday said there is no trust deficit between the government, civil society and other stakeholders.
Addressing industrialists at a Ficci meeting here, the
he said the government needs cooperation from all
stakeholders, including the industry.
"Let me assure you that there is no trust deficit and
without the cooperation of industry, the larger political
establishment and civil society we cannot be equal to the
gigantic task at hand," he said.
Hazare will be sitting on a day long fast at Jantar
Mantar here to press for protection of those who blow whistle
In the backdrop of several scams, the government has been facing pressure from sections of civil society for a strong Lokpal Bill against corruption.
Besides, some industry leaders had talked about policy
paralysis afflicting the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?