No trust deficit with civil society: Pranab
New Delhi: A day before activist Anna Hazare
sits on dharna at Jantar Mantar, Finance Minister Pranab
Mukherjee on Saturday said there is no trust deficit between the government, civil society and other stakeholders.
Addressing industrialists at a Ficci meeting here, the
he said the government needs cooperation from all
stakeholders, including the industry.
"Let me assure you that there is no trust deficit and
without the cooperation of industry, the larger political
establishment and civil society we cannot be equal to the
gigantic task at hand," he said.
Hazare will be sitting on a day long fast at Jantar
Mantar here to press for protection of those who blow whistle
In the backdrop of several scams, the government has been facing pressure from sections of civil society for a strong Lokpal Bill against corruption.
Besides, some industry leaders had talked about policy
paralysis afflicting the government.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India