No use tabling no-trust motion sans requisite numbers: Murli Manohar Joshi
Kolkata: Senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi on Tuesday said that there is no point bringing a no-confidence motion in the Lok Sabha against the UPA II government without being sure of the numbers.
"There is no use bringing the no-confidence motion if you do not have the requisite numbers," Joshi told newspersons here.
"We have received no communication from her," the former Union HRD minister said when asked whether the BJP would support a no-confidence motion if Mamata Banerjee brings it in the Lok Sabha.
Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee yesterday said in New Delhi that her party planned to bring a no-confidence motion against the UPA II government in the next session of Parliament and sought support of other political parties in this regard.
Stating that Banerjee should be sure of the numerical calculations, the senior BJP leader said "if you don`t have the numbers and the government survives, then it makes no sense."
Asked about JD(U) chief Sharad Yadav, whose party is a BJP-led NDA constituent, going to the Trinamool Congress dharna manch yesterday at Jantar Mantar, he said "I don`t believe in political untouchability."
Days after quitting the UPA, the Trinamool Congress held a rally in Delhi to protest FDI in multi-brand retail, cap on number of LPG cylinders per family and diesel price rise.
Joshi, however, said that the "UPA has lost the mandate to run the government."
"Government`s argument that FDI in multi-brand retail is going to help farmers is ridiculous. It is complete travesty of facts," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch