No use tabling no-trust motion sans requisite numbers: Murli Manohar Joshi
Kolkata: Senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi on Tuesday said that there is no point bringing a no-confidence motion in the Lok Sabha against the UPA II government without being sure of the numbers.
"There is no use bringing the no-confidence motion if you do not have the requisite numbers," Joshi told newspersons here.
"We have received no communication from her," the former Union HRD minister said when asked whether the BJP would support a no-confidence motion if Mamata Banerjee brings it in the Lok Sabha.
Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee yesterday said in New Delhi that her party planned to bring a no-confidence motion against the UPA II government in the next session of Parliament and sought support of other political parties in this regard.
Stating that Banerjee should be sure of the numerical calculations, the senior BJP leader said "if you don`t have the numbers and the government survives, then it makes no sense."
Asked about JD(U) chief Sharad Yadav, whose party is a BJP-led NDA constituent, going to the Trinamool Congress dharna manch yesterday at Jantar Mantar, he said "I don`t believe in political untouchability."
Days after quitting the UPA, the Trinamool Congress held a rally in Delhi to protest FDI in multi-brand retail, cap on number of LPG cylinders per family and diesel price rise.
Joshi, however, said that the "UPA has lost the mandate to run the government."
"Government`s argument that FDI in multi-brand retail is going to help farmers is ridiculous. It is complete travesty of facts," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door