No vacancy for PM’s post: Congress
New Delhi: Taking a dig at senior BJP leader LK Advani’s ‘withdrawal’ from a possible prime ministerial candidature, Congress on Wednesday asserted that there is no vacancy for the post.
Talking to media persons, senior Congress leader and party spokes person Abhishek Manu Singhvi said, “There is no vacancy for PM’s post within the Congress.”
“As far as BJP is concerned, there is no vacancy for them either,” he added.
Answering a question, Singhvi said, “There is no paralysis of the governance. These are exaggerated terms, coined to portray disability in the government.”
Demanding a clarification over Advani’s withdrawal, Singhvi said, “BJP must clarify who their PM candidate is for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.”
Clearing the air over speculations around his prime ministerial ambition, Advani said that he was more than satisfied to be a part of RSS and his party.
Though Advani evaded a direct reply on the question of him pitching for the PM’s post in case NDA came to power, he said, “As a RSS worker, as a BJP worker I have achieved more than I could have achieved as a Prime Minister. I am just happy being a part of the party. What the country has given me is much more than that I would have got as PM.”
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India