No `written speech`, speak from heart: Bedi to PM
New Delhi: On the occasion of 66th Independence Day, member of erstwhile Team Anna Kiran Bedi on Wednesday urged Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to speak “straight from his heart and mind rather than read a written speech”.
The former IPS officer said it would help the PM connect with the common man.
Bedi took to micro-blogging site Twitter to say: “We the people demand a `direct address` from our PM and not a `read out speech`. Can our PM pl care to do?”
Commenting on Prime Minister Manmohan Singh‘s speech, Bedi said: “The Prime Minister says we have passed Lokpal Bill etc. Does not say what kind of bill? One which weakens CBI further! Banks on people’s legal illiteracy.”
She said what people need is a "measurement tool" of performance of the government from their Prime Minister in which a commoner becomes a stakeholder.
"PM`s speech indicates what may be done. Problem is in the how, the who and even the when (with eye on votes)? Huge Trust deficit!" she said.
None of the programmes and assurances are possible without integrity and administrative willingness. How does that happen is the key challenge, she said, adding the country has two key challenges before it. "Political corruption and bureaucratic insensitivity. Both require right leadership for change," she added.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: All seats declared - BJP emerges as biggest gainer, bags 81 seats; Shiv Sena gets 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Big setback for Shiv Sena as BJP bags 81 seats in BMC
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway