Nobody can save Congress from defeat in 2014 polls: Venkaiah Naidu
New Delhi: A day after Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi was appointed as a head of party’s 2014 polls coordination committee, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Venkaiah Naidu on Friday said that nobody will be able to save the Congress party from defeat in general elections.
“It is the internal matter of Congress party; we have nothing to do with that but let me also clear one thing that nobody can save Congress party. People are angry with the Congress because of issues like mismanagement, price hike, corruption, farmers suicide, black money etc,” Naidu said.
"So, I think nobody will be able to save the Congress party from defeat. We have the experience of Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Orissa," he added.
The members of the Congress Election Coordination Committee for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections are Rahul Gandhi, Ahmed Patel, Digvijay Singh, Madhusudan Mistry and Jairam Ramesh. Dwivedi is also part of the committee.
A.K. Antony, M. Veerappa Moily, Mukul Wasnik, Suresh Pachouri, Jitendra Singh and Mohan Prakash are part of the pre-poll alliance sub group.
A.K. Antony, P. Chidambaram, Sushil Kumar Shinde, Anand Sharma, Salman Khurshid, Sandeep Dikshit, Ajit Jogi, Renuka Chowdhary, PL Punia and Mohan Gopal (Special Invite) are part of the manifesto and government programme sub group.
Digvijay Singh, Ambika Soni, Manish Tewari, Deepender Hooda, Jyotiraditya Scindia, Rajeev Shukla, Bhakta Charan Das are part of the communication and publicity sub group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu