Nobody listens to Sushma Swaraj in BJP: Arjun Modhwadia
Surat: Gujarat Congress leader Arjun Modhwadia on Tuesday lashed out at BJP leader Sushma Swaraj for demanding the resignation of Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna, saying that nobody listens to the Leader of Opposition in her own party.
"I feel bad as no one listens to her in her party. If Sushmaji wants to help, then she should say to her party to help in relief and rehabilitation," Modhwadia said.
Congress leader Ambika Soni had earlier also criticised Swaraj and said the need of the hour was for leaders and activists of various political parties to unite and ensure the completion of all rescue and relief operations in flood ravaged Uttarakhand.
"In these difficult times, we have been through so many tragedies. Have you forgotten the Gujarat earthquake, the cyclone in Odisha, nobody began asking midway for the governments to be dismissed because it`s not the time. The time is for providing relief and rescue. So, that is what I find absolutely unthinkable on the behalf of a big leader," she told media here.
Swaraj earlier said that the Vijay Bahuguna Government in Uttarakhand has not been able to rise to the occasion.
"I am sorry to say that the Government in Uttarakhand has not been able to rise to the occasion. They ought to be dismissed for being inept and incompetent," she tweeted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'