Nobody listens to Sushma Swaraj in BJP: Arjun Modhwadia
Surat: Gujarat Congress leader Arjun Modhwadia on Tuesday lashed out at BJP leader Sushma Swaraj for demanding the resignation of Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna, saying that nobody listens to the Leader of Opposition in her own party.
"I feel bad as no one listens to her in her party. If Sushmaji wants to help, then she should say to her party to help in relief and rehabilitation," Modhwadia said.
Congress leader Ambika Soni had earlier also criticised Swaraj and said the need of the hour was for leaders and activists of various political parties to unite and ensure the completion of all rescue and relief operations in flood ravaged Uttarakhand.
"In these difficult times, we have been through so many tragedies. Have you forgotten the Gujarat earthquake, the cyclone in Odisha, nobody began asking midway for the governments to be dismissed because it`s not the time. The time is for providing relief and rescue. So, that is what I find absolutely unthinkable on the behalf of a big leader," she told media here.
Swaraj earlier said that the Vijay Bahuguna Government in Uttarakhand has not been able to rise to the occasion.
"I am sorry to say that the Government in Uttarakhand has not been able to rise to the occasion. They ought to be dismissed for being inept and incompetent," she tweeted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29