Nobody should be bothered about my relations with Narendra Modi: Amit Shah
Zee Media Bureau/Manisha Singh
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party`s Uttar Pradesh in-charge for 2014 General Elections and the man considered close to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, Amit Shah on Wednesday categorically rejected all allegations of having to do anything with the deaths of Tulsi Prajapati, Ishrat Jahan and Sohrabuddin Sheikh.
Talking to a news channel, Amit Shah said that he was not involved in any of the encounter cases and had been given bail in the Sohrabuddin case. "There was no prima facie evidence against me," he said. He also added that the party had endorsed him completely. "I went before the people in 2012 Assembly elections in Gujarat and won," he said.
Taking about Modi`s U-turn on the digging for gold in Uttar Pradesh`s Unnao district, Shah said that the Gujarat CM`s comment had been misinterpreted. "Whatever Modi said was in reference to bringing back the black money from abroad. He did not comment on Seer Shobhan Sarkar or his dreams," he said.
Modi had said sometime back that the world was laughing at them for going on a treasure hunt on the dreams of a seer. Shobhan Sarkar had a dream about presence of large quantity of gold buried at the ruins of Raja Rao Ram Bux Singh`s fort, near Daundia Kheda village, 70 km from Lucknow. Subsequently, excavation work was started at the site by the ASI there.
"Modi has made his stand clear on the matter and there is no debate on it now," Shah clarified. The BJP`s PM candidate for 2014 Lok Sabha polls later said that he respected the seer.
On accusations levelled at the BJP that the party was trying to polarise the voters ahead of next year`s elections, Amit denied the allegations and said that elections in 2014 would be fought on the plank of development and not on religious identity.
At the same time he denied that he was involved with the programmes of the VHP in Uttar Pradesh in any way. He said that the proposed yatra of the VHP had been planned much before he came to the state.
Shah further said that he was a `soldier of the BJP` and everyone should stop worrying or speculating about his relations with Narendra Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Sensex logs first rise in five sessions on earnings lift
- Goa SSC (Class 10) Examination Results 2016 to be declared on May 25: (goaresults.nic.in) GBSHSE 10th board results, Goa Board (GBSHSE) SSC (Class 10) Examination Results 2016
- Best of your sex life begins at 40!
- Cristiano Ronaldo confident of Champions League glory despite injury scare
- Goa University Examination Results announced