Noida farmers` stir: Maya orders CB-CID probe
Lucknow: Mayawati government Thursday ordered a
CB-CID inquiry into Bhatta Parsaul incidents including of firing and rape during the farmers`s agitation on land acquisition issue in Greater Noida.
The government has ordered an inquiry into all
incidents related to Bhatta Parsaul village in Gautam Buddha Nagar, secretary home Deepak Kumar told reporters here.
He said that these incidents include those of firing
and allegations of rape.
The move came after the National Commission for
Schedule Castes had sought registration of FIRs in alleged
rape of women during an agitation against land acquisition.
Commission Chairman P L Punia had said that on the
basis of affidavits given by the seven alleged rape victims of
Bhatta Parsaul, Commission`s member Latha Priyakumar has
written to Noida SSP for registration of rape cases against
the accused cops.
Following clashes between protesters and police in the
village and neighbouring areas in May, Congress general
secretary Rahul Gandhi had visited the affected farmers and
alleged that burnt bodies were found and women were raped,
which raised a political storm with UP government denying the
Punia had said the seven victims of the village had
personally appeared before the Commission member Latha
Priyakumar and testified that they were raped by the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?
- Storms, lightning and heavy rains in Uttar Pradesh; at least 12 dead