Noida sisters’ case to be probed
Noida: Hours after the death of one of the two sisters, who had confined themselves to their apartment for over six months following the death of their father, the authorities on Wednesday decided to conduct a probe into all aspects of the case.
According to reports, the Noida City Magistrate will conduct a probe into the death of the elder of the two sisters, Anuradha Behl, who died at around 8.05 am at the Kailash Hospital here.
The 41-year-old Anuradha suffered from malnutrition, which caused the multiple organ failure ultimately leading to the cardiac arrest, according to Sanjay Mahajan, the doctor who attended to her at Kailash Hospital.
However, the cause of Anuradha’s death will be ascertained after post-mortem, VV Joshi,
spokesperson, Kailash Hospital, said.
Shocked over the appalling conditions and societal neglect that eventually led to the starvation death of Anuradha, the Women’s Commission has also taken cognizance of the entire matter.
As per reports, Commission members would be meeting the surviving sister Sonali, besides ascertaining the role of their younger brother Vipin Behl and the Residents Welfare Association officials.
Sonali had still not been told about the death of her elder sister’s death.
The shocking case of self-depravation came to light, yesterday, when the Noida Police assisted by the NGO activist and the RWA officials forcefully entered the apartment of Anuradha and Sonali located in posh Sector 29 and found them in a critical state.
The women, left to fend for themselves in a state of utter loneliness and depression, were then admitted to the nearby Kailash Hospital.
Anuradha had done her Ph.D after completing her course in chartered accountancy. She had left her accountancy practice after the parents` death. Sonali also has doctorate in history.
According to an eyewitness, Anuradha was still unconscious while being brought out of the house, but Sonali was stable and could manage to speak.
When the door was opened, the women asked for water.
The tragic case has posed many questions about the isolated lives people live in our cities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks