Noida sisters’ case to be probed
Noida: Hours after the death of one of the two sisters, who had confined themselves to their apartment for over six months following the death of their father, the authorities on Wednesday decided to conduct a probe into all aspects of the case.
According to reports, the Noida City Magistrate will conduct a probe into the death of the elder of the two sisters, Anuradha Behl, who died at around 8.05 am at the Kailash Hospital here.
The 41-year-old Anuradha suffered from malnutrition, which caused the multiple organ failure ultimately leading to the cardiac arrest, according to Sanjay Mahajan, the doctor who attended to her at Kailash Hospital.
However, the cause of Anuradha’s death will be ascertained after post-mortem, VV Joshi,
spokesperson, Kailash Hospital, said.
Shocked over the appalling conditions and societal neglect that eventually led to the starvation death of Anuradha, the Women’s Commission has also taken cognizance of the entire matter.
As per reports, Commission members would be meeting the surviving sister Sonali, besides ascertaining the role of their younger brother Vipin Behl and the Residents Welfare Association officials.
Sonali had still not been told about the death of her elder sister’s death.
The shocking case of self-depravation came to light, yesterday, when the Noida Police assisted by the NGO activist and the RWA officials forcefully entered the apartment of Anuradha and Sonali located in posh Sector 29 and found them in a critical state.
The women, left to fend for themselves in a state of utter loneliness and depression, were then admitted to the nearby Kailash Hospital.
Anuradha had done her Ph.D after completing her course in chartered accountancy. She had left her accountancy practice after the parents` death. Sonali also has doctorate in history.
According to an eyewitness, Anuradha was still unconscious while being brought out of the house, but Sonali was stable and could manage to speak.
When the door was opened, the women asked for water.
The tragic case has posed many questions about the isolated lives people live in our cities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days