Nokia in pact with IGNOU for offering edu services
New Delhi: Making its foray into formal
education services, Finnish handset maker Nokia today entered
into a strategic partnership with Indira Gandhi National Open
University (IGNOU) to provide certificate programmes in
English language through its devices.
As per the alliance, the two organisations will pilot a
Certificate Programme in Functional English (CFE) on Nokia
devices supporting the Ovi Life Tools.
Nokia is already offering education services through its
Life tools, however, this is for the first time that the
handset maker will be offering Certificate courses.
Ovi Life Tools is a set of mobile information and
application services covering crop prices, education, health,
games, maps, music and entertainment.
As of now, there are about 4.7 million subscribers for
the Nokia Life Tools services.
The programme will start from January next year in select
districts of Maharashtra and its cost is Rs 1,900 per student.
As a part of the programme, Nokia will make available
IGNOU admission forms with Nokia phones supporting Ovi Life
"As of the now, the programmes will be available on more
than 12 variants of Nokia devices pricing between Rs 1,500 and
Rs 6,000," Nokia India MD D Shivakumar told reporters here.
The enrolled students besides receiving the study
material and related support from IGNOU will also receive
daily learning content via Ovi Life Tools Services.
On completion of the programme they will get certificates
Post the pilot programme, Nokia and IGNOU will jointly
assimilate the learnings from the pilot project and extend it
further to other programmes of IGNOU.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees