Nominated members appeal for smooth functioning of Parliament
New Delhi: Upset over frequent disruptions in Parliament, a group of nominated members on Tuesday appealed to all political parties to re-commence functioning of the House.
"There is widespread agony and deep disappointment, that the Monsoon Session of Parliament did not function for several days and now the Winter Session has not even commenced functioning, since Parliament reopened on November 22, 2012," the nominated members said.
Nominated members HK Dua, Anu Aga, Ashok Ganguly, MS Swaminathan, K Parasaran and Mrinal Miri have signed the letter to Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari.
"We ... Most sincerely appeal to all the Honourable members of both the Houses of Parliament, to kindly enable the Parliament to return to functioning smoothly," they said.
They said smooth functioning of Parliament was "most urgently needed" to restore the faith of all Indians in the long held traditions of the parliamentary process.
"We respectfully request all Honourable Members and all political parties to kindly allow Parliament to recommence functioning normally," the nominated members said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH