Nominated members appeal for smooth functioning of Parliament
New Delhi: Upset over frequent disruptions in Parliament, a group of nominated members on Tuesday appealed to all political parties to re-commence functioning of the House.
"There is widespread agony and deep disappointment, that the Monsoon Session of Parliament did not function for several days and now the Winter Session has not even commenced functioning, since Parliament reopened on November 22, 2012," the nominated members said.
Nominated members HK Dua, Anu Aga, Ashok Ganguly, MS Swaminathan, K Parasaran and Mrinal Miri have signed the letter to Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari.
"We ... Most sincerely appeal to all the Honourable members of both the Houses of Parliament, to kindly enable the Parliament to return to functioning smoothly," they said.
They said smooth functioning of Parliament was "most urgently needed" to restore the faith of all Indians in the long held traditions of the parliamentary process.
"We respectfully request all Honourable Members and all political parties to kindly allow Parliament to recommence functioning normally," the nominated members said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog