Non-bailable warrant issued against Raj Thackeray
Muzaffarpur: A non-bailable warrant was issued against Raj Thackeray on Tuesday by the district court of Muzaffarpur in Bihar against his statements on Chhath Puja.
His statement “North Indians should not celebrate Chhath Puja as it is against the ethos of Marathi culture”, deeply hurt the Bihari community that holds Chhath Puja in great reverence.
The court has directed the Mumbai police to produce Thackeray by seventh of May, and in failing to do so Raj will have to face arrest.
- Four people dead, 2 wounded at an explosion in Tamil Nadu
- Not CM candidate, Rahul Gandhi to lead party across the country: Congress
- Delhi government seeks taxi unions' views over ban on diesel cab
- Real estate developers to land in trouble for taking consumers 'for a ride'
- Pakistan's ISI using mobile apps to lure Indian jawans, retired officials: Report