‘Non-Cong CM`s should discuss NCTC with Centre’
Karaikal: Minister of State in PMO V Narayanaswamy on Saturday urged non congress Chief Ministers opposed to creation of National Counter Terrorism Centre to discuss the issue with the Centre to resolve the matter.
"The Union Government will take steps to resolve the
issue through discussions with the Chief Ministers," he told
He also dwelt on the importance of the NCTC in combating
Chief Ministers of non-Congress and BJP-ruled states and
a Congress ally have opposed the Centre`s proposal to set up
an apex counter-terror agency, saying it struck at the
federalism and usurped states` powers.
The protest was lodged by several Chief Ministers,
including Naveen Patnaik (Odisha), Mamata Banerjee (West
Bengal), J Jayalalitha (Tamil Nadu), Narendra Modi (Gujarat)
and Shivraj Singh Chauhan (Madhya Pradesh).
On the Koodankulam issue, he said the plant is capable of
producing 1000 MW and would prove a boon to Tamil Nadu, which
is facing acute power shortage. He expressed the hope that the
expert committee appointed by the state government will submit
its views soon.
Taking a dig at the NR Congress Government at Puducherry,
he said it had `failed` to provide relief to farmers and
fishermen affected by cyclone Thane, despite the Centre
immediately allocating funds for the purpose.
He also voiced concern over what he termed was the
deteriorating law and order situation in Puducherry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'