‘Non-Cong CM`s should discuss NCTC with Centre’
Karaikal: Minister of State in PMO V Narayanaswamy on Saturday urged non congress Chief Ministers opposed to creation of National Counter Terrorism Centre to discuss the issue with the Centre to resolve the matter.
"The Union Government will take steps to resolve the
issue through discussions with the Chief Ministers," he told
He also dwelt on the importance of the NCTC in combating
Chief Ministers of non-Congress and BJP-ruled states and
a Congress ally have opposed the Centre`s proposal to set up
an apex counter-terror agency, saying it struck at the
federalism and usurped states` powers.
The protest was lodged by several Chief Ministers,
including Naveen Patnaik (Odisha), Mamata Banerjee (West
Bengal), J Jayalalitha (Tamil Nadu), Narendra Modi (Gujarat)
and Shivraj Singh Chauhan (Madhya Pradesh).
On the Koodankulam issue, he said the plant is capable of
producing 1000 MW and would prove a boon to Tamil Nadu, which
is facing acute power shortage. He expressed the hope that the
expert committee appointed by the state government will submit
its views soon.
Taking a dig at the NR Congress Government at Puducherry,
he said it had `failed` to provide relief to farmers and
fishermen affected by cyclone Thane, despite the Centre
immediately allocating funds for the purpose.
He also voiced concern over what he termed was the
deteriorating law and order situation in Puducherry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India