‘Non-Cong CM`s should discuss NCTC with Centre’
Karaikal: Minister of State in PMO V Narayanaswamy on Saturday urged non congress Chief Ministers opposed to creation of National Counter Terrorism Centre to discuss the issue with the Centre to resolve the matter.
"The Union Government will take steps to resolve the
issue through discussions with the Chief Ministers," he told
He also dwelt on the importance of the NCTC in combating
Chief Ministers of non-Congress and BJP-ruled states and
a Congress ally have opposed the Centre`s proposal to set up
an apex counter-terror agency, saying it struck at the
federalism and usurped states` powers.
The protest was lodged by several Chief Ministers,
including Naveen Patnaik (Odisha), Mamata Banerjee (West
Bengal), J Jayalalitha (Tamil Nadu), Narendra Modi (Gujarat)
and Shivraj Singh Chauhan (Madhya Pradesh).
On the Koodankulam issue, he said the plant is capable of
producing 1000 MW and would prove a boon to Tamil Nadu, which
is facing acute power shortage. He expressed the hope that the
expert committee appointed by the state government will submit
its views soon.
Taking a dig at the NR Congress Government at Puducherry,
he said it had `failed` to provide relief to farmers and
fishermen affected by cyclone Thane, despite the Centre
immediately allocating funds for the purpose.
He also voiced concern over what he termed was the
deteriorating law and order situation in Puducherry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling