‘Non-Cong CM`s should discuss NCTC with Centre’
Karaikal: Minister of State in PMO V Narayanaswamy on Saturday urged non congress Chief Ministers opposed to creation of National Counter Terrorism Centre to discuss the issue with the Centre to resolve the matter.
"The Union Government will take steps to resolve the
issue through discussions with the Chief Ministers," he told
He also dwelt on the importance of the NCTC in combating
Chief Ministers of non-Congress and BJP-ruled states and
a Congress ally have opposed the Centre`s proposal to set up
an apex counter-terror agency, saying it struck at the
federalism and usurped states` powers.
The protest was lodged by several Chief Ministers,
including Naveen Patnaik (Odisha), Mamata Banerjee (West
Bengal), J Jayalalitha (Tamil Nadu), Narendra Modi (Gujarat)
and Shivraj Singh Chauhan (Madhya Pradesh).
On the Koodankulam issue, he said the plant is capable of
producing 1000 MW and would prove a boon to Tamil Nadu, which
is facing acute power shortage. He expressed the hope that the
expert committee appointed by the state government will submit
its views soon.
Taking a dig at the NR Congress Government at Puducherry,
he said it had `failed` to provide relief to farmers and
fishermen affected by cyclone Thane, despite the Centre
immediately allocating funds for the purpose.
He also voiced concern over what he termed was the
deteriorating law and order situation in Puducherry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka