Non-gazetted govt employees to get Rs 3,500 bonus
New Delhi: In a festival gift to non-gazetted central government employees, the Centre on Friday announced bonus of up to Rs 3,500 for them for 2011-12.
All the Central government employees in Group C and D and all non-gazetted employees in Group B who are not covered by any productivity-linked bonus scheme will get bonus equivalent to 30 days emoluments, the Finance Ministry said in an office memorandum.
The payment will also be admissible to the central police and paramilitary personnel and armed forces personnel, it said.
Only those employees who had been in service till March 31, 2012 and those rendered at least six months of continuous service during 2011-12 are eligible for bonus, it said.
The Central government had last month enhanced the Dearness Allowance for its 80 lakh employees and pensioners by seven per cent, which would cost the exchequer an annual burden of Rs 9,700 crore.
"The expenditure on this account will be debitable to the respective heads to which the pay and allowances of these employees are debited," the ministry said.
It further added the expenditure incurred on account of the ad-hoc bonus will be met from within the sanctioned budget provision of concerned ministries or departments for the current year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him