Non-NDA, non-UPA government at Centre after 2014 polls: CPI
Visakhapatnam: Non-NDA and non-UPA parties will form government at the Centre after 2014 Lok Sabha polls as people in the country have lost faith in both Congress and BJP, CPI claimed on Thursday.
Addressing a press conference here, CPI General Secretary S Sudhakar Reddy said the UPA-II government has been reduced to a minority and it was "battling for life in Intensive Critical Care Unit (ICCU)".
The Congress government in Andhra Pradesh, too, was in a minority, he claimed.
He said Left parties - CPI, CPI(M) - and a few others would take a lead in forging an alternative to the UPA and BJP-led NDA in future.
Reddy said there was scope for a Third Front only in the post-election scenario where regional parties with different policies and those outside the Congress and BJP-led alliances will come together to form a government.
The CPI leader said neither Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi nor Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi would become Prime Minister in 2014. Instead, a non-NDA and non-UPA leader will emerge to lead the country.
Reddy said people have lost faith in the UPA government because it was pursuing "unfriendly policies" and added that the current scenario demands realignment of political forces in the country.
The Manmohan Singh government has given huge tax concessions to corporates, while more than 10 lakh people have lost their jobs in the export-oriented sectors in the last one year alone. In the same period, some big corporate houses have made huge profits, the CPI leader said.
To a question, Reddy said CPI(M) is in no mood to go for an immediate merger with CPI as they have their own policies. But both Left parties would play a key role in setting up a third political formation at the national level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!