`None of the Above` introduced for Assembly polls 2013
New Delhi: For the first time, voters in the five states going to polls in November-December will be able to reject all candidates by pressing "None of the Above" (NOTA) option.
Chief Election Commissioner VS Sampath said Friday that the electronic voting machines will have a slot for NOTA.
"On the balloting unit, below the name of the last candidate, there will now be a button for NOTA so that electors who do not want to vote for any of the candidates can exercise their option by pressing the button against NOTA," he told the media.
The NOTA option has been included following a Supreme Court ruling September 27.
"The commission is taking steps to bring this to the knowledge of voters and all other stakeholders," Sampath said.
Assembly elections will take place in Delhi, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Mizoram in November-December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal