`None of the Above` introduced for Assembly polls 2013
New Delhi: For the first time, voters in the five states going to polls in November-December will be able to reject all candidates by pressing "None of the Above" (NOTA) option.
Chief Election Commissioner VS Sampath said Friday that the electronic voting machines will have a slot for NOTA.
"On the balloting unit, below the name of the last candidate, there will now be a button for NOTA so that electors who do not want to vote for any of the candidates can exercise their option by pressing the button against NOTA," he told the media.
The NOTA option has been included following a Supreme Court ruling September 27.
"The commission is taking steps to bring this to the knowledge of voters and all other stakeholders," Sampath said.
Assembly elections will take place in Delhi, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Mizoram in November-December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!
- Status of political parties to be reviewed every 10 years
- WOAH! BJP MP Paresh Rawal launches fierce attack on India's Rio Olympics officials
- 30% to vote for SP, BJP+ 27%, BSP 26% in next UP Assembly elections: Survey
- Article 370 will be dealt later, peace in Valley a priority: Ahir