None should defend a person convicted by SC: Togadia on Sanjay Dutt
Coimbatore: Flaying those rallying behind film actor Sanjay Dutt, VHP International Working President Praveen Togadia on Friday said such people are doing injustice to the Supreme Court and its verdict in the 1993 Mumbai blast case.
"Before law, everybody is same and equal. Be it Minister, farmer or labour, law should be applicable to all," he told reporters at the airport here.
Togadia said Dutt should undergo the five-year sentence handed down by the apex court and those defending the actor are doing injustice to Supreme Court and its verdict.
To a question, he said the UPA government has failed to protect Tamils in Sri Lanka.
On Ram temple, the VHP leader said as a first step, over 10,000 sadhus and saints converged at the recent Kumbh Mela had given a call for chanting `Ram Naam` from April 11 to May 13, after which a decision would be taken.
Togadia appealed to the Tamil Nadu Government to withdraw its order of charging fees in temples for `poojas`.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed