Nooyi, Jha, Pandit among US top paid CEO: Report
Three Indian origin executives - PepsiCo`s Indra Nooyi, Motorola`s Sanjay Kumar Jha and Citigroup`s Vikram Pandit - have found a place among America`s top paid chief executive officer, says a survey.
Nooyi has bagged the 67th slot with a total pay package of USD 13.97 million and Jha got the 377th place with a total compensation of USD 3.45 million, according to a ranking compiled by The Wall Street Journal of 456 US companies.
While another Indian Pandit got the 450th position in the survey with a pay package of USD 125,000, which was topped by Maffei, the leader of Liberty Media Corp with a pay packet of USD 87.1 million.
Maffei was followed by Larry Ellison, Oracle`s billionaire founder who received a USD 68.6 million package and most of that reward came in the form of stock options valaued at USD 61.9 million.
Occidental Petroleum Corp`s Ray Irani, bagged the third position with a total compensation of USD 52.2 million.
The recent survey, which covered all 456 of the biggest US public companies with annual revenue of more than USD 4 billion that filed proxies between October 1, 2009 and September 30, 2010.
The survey conducted by management-consulting firm Hay Group, noted that bonuses jumped by 11 per cent to a median of USD 1.67 million.
Overall, median total direct compensation for CEOs in the sample rose 3 per cent during their latest fiscal year. Total direct compensation includes salary, bonuses and the awarded value of stock, options and other long-term incentives.
At the fourth place is Yahoo`s Carol Bartz who took home USD 44.61 million followed by CBS` Leslie Ray USD 38.93 million.
Others on the top 10 list include Philippe P Dauman of Viacom Inc (USD 33.7 million), Marc N Casper, CEO Thermo Fisher Scientific (USD 33.04 million), Raymond Elliott of Boston Scientific Corp (USD 32.1 million), Ralph Lauren, founder of Polo Ralph Lauren Corp (USD 27 million) and McKesson Corp`s John H Hammergren (USD24.5 million).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand