Nooyi, Jha, Pandit among US top paid CEO: Report
Three Indian origin executives - PepsiCo`s Indra Nooyi, Motorola`s Sanjay Kumar Jha and Citigroup`s Vikram Pandit - have found a place among America`s top paid chief executive officer, says a survey.
Nooyi has bagged the 67th slot with a total pay package of USD 13.97 million and Jha got the 377th place with a total compensation of USD 3.45 million, according to a ranking compiled by The Wall Street Journal of 456 US companies.
While another Indian Pandit got the 450th position in the survey with a pay package of USD 125,000, which was topped by Maffei, the leader of Liberty Media Corp with a pay packet of USD 87.1 million.
Maffei was followed by Larry Ellison, Oracle`s billionaire founder who received a USD 68.6 million package and most of that reward came in the form of stock options valaued at USD 61.9 million.
Occidental Petroleum Corp`s Ray Irani, bagged the third position with a total compensation of USD 52.2 million.
The recent survey, which covered all 456 of the biggest US public companies with annual revenue of more than USD 4 billion that filed proxies between October 1, 2009 and September 30, 2010.
The survey conducted by management-consulting firm Hay Group, noted that bonuses jumped by 11 per cent to a median of USD 1.67 million.
Overall, median total direct compensation for CEOs in the sample rose 3 per cent during their latest fiscal year. Total direct compensation includes salary, bonuses and the awarded value of stock, options and other long-term incentives.
At the fourth place is Yahoo`s Carol Bartz who took home USD 44.61 million followed by CBS` Leslie Ray USD 38.93 million.
Others on the top 10 list include Philippe P Dauman of Viacom Inc (USD 33.7 million), Marc N Casper, CEO Thermo Fisher Scientific (USD 33.04 million), Raymond Elliott of Boston Scientific Corp (USD 32.1 million), Ralph Lauren, founder of Polo Ralph Lauren Corp (USD 27 million) and McKesson Corp`s John H Hammergren (USD24.5 million).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark