Normal life affected as cold snap stretches in North India
New Delhi: Frigid conditions showed no signs of abating as mercury hovered several notches below normal in north India and thick fog enveloped the region throwing normal life out of gear.
Delhiites witnessed a thick fog blanket in the wee hours of the morning that led to several cancelled or delayed flights and trains to and fro in the city.
Srinagar residents of Kashmir Valley were digging out from 2.3 mm of snow that fell overnight with temperature plummeting further two notches to minus 2.3 degree Celsius.
Foggy conditions disrupted normal life in Rajasthan affecting rail and road traffic where vehicles were moving at a snail`s pace and some trains running behind the schedule.
Intense cold wave sweeping across Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh continued unabated in most parts with mercury dropping to record-breaking minus 2.1 degree Celsius at Hisar.
Flight and train operations were adversely affected due to lack of visibility with 37 trains, mostly Delhi-bound, running late by several hours and delay or diversion of around 150 domestic and international flights causing inconvenience to passengers.
In a fog-related incident, at least 10 vehicles rammed into each other on Delhi-Jaipur national highway at Chandwaji, 100 kms from Jaipur.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata