North India cold wave: Cold conditions prevail, but minimum temp start rising
Chandigarh: The minimum temperatures rose in Punjab and Haryana today even as cold conditions continued to prevail at many places in the region.
Barring Amritsar, which continued to reel under biting cold recording a minimum of 1 deg C, the temperatures at other places have shown some increase since yesterday, a MeT official said here.
Patiala and Ludhiana registered respective minimum temperatures of 8.1 deg C and 6.1 deg C.
Hisar and Narnaul in Haryana, also recorded some increase in minimum temperatures. Both towns today recorded respective lows of 5.8 deg C and 5.6 deg C.
Bhiwani (7.6 C), Karnal (5.3 C) and Ambala (6.4 C), too, got some relief from cold weather.
Chandigarh recorded a low of 7.2 deg C.
The MeT official said that fog had lifted from most places, though misty conditions prevailed this morning at some places in the two states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli