North India cold wave: Cold conditions prevail, but minimum temp start rising
Chandigarh: The minimum temperatures rose in Punjab and Haryana today even as cold conditions continued to prevail at many places in the region.
Barring Amritsar, which continued to reel under biting cold recording a minimum of 1 deg C, the temperatures at other places have shown some increase since yesterday, a MeT official said here.
Patiala and Ludhiana registered respective minimum temperatures of 8.1 deg C and 6.1 deg C.
Hisar and Narnaul in Haryana, also recorded some increase in minimum temperatures. Both towns today recorded respective lows of 5.8 deg C and 5.6 deg C.
Bhiwani (7.6 C), Karnal (5.3 C) and Ambala (6.4 C), too, got some relief from cold weather.
Chandigarh recorded a low of 7.2 deg C.
The MeT official said that fog had lifted from most places, though misty conditions prevailed this morning at some places in the two states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video