North India gets respite from cold as mercury level rises
New Delhi: People in most parts of north India
got some respite from intense cold with further rise in
mercury level on Friday.
The night temperature rose in Jammu and Kashmir because of
cloudy skies and Srinagar recorded a low of 1.6 deg C today
against minus 1.5 deg C yesterday.
The normal temperature during this time of the season in
the city is minus 2 deg C, Met department officials said.
Gulmarg was the coldest place in the valley with a low of
minus 5.6 deg C against minus 9.9 deg C yesterday. The minimum
temperature in Pahalgam was minus 3.5 deg C against minus 6.2
deg C yesterday.
In Jammu, the minimum temperature was recorded at 8.2 deg
C against 7.6 deg C yesterday.
Ladakh region, however, continued to reel under intense
cold as Leh recorded a low of minus 12.4 deg C and Kargil
minus 9.0 deg C.
Cold conditions further receded in Punjab, Haryana and
Chandigarh with minimum temperature rising by up to four
degrees Celsius above normal in the region.
However, in Himachal Pradesh, the higher reaches reeled
under sub-zero temperatures even as mercury rose marginally at
Keylong, the district headquarters of the Lahaul and
Spiti, was the coldest place in the state with a low of minus
11.7 deg C while it was minus 5 deg C in Kalpa in Kinnaur
Shimla had partly cloudy sky and icy winds made the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part IV
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part V
- AFI asks IAAF for Olympics wild card for javelin prodigy Neeraj Chopra
- Seven lakh applicants for Punjab Police to face dope test
- Turkey forms state of emergency coordination committee
- BIZARRE: On this flight, passengers go nude at 30,000 feet altitude – Watch viral video
- PITIABLE PLIGHT OF INDIAN ATHLETES: Training with worn-out shoes, Rio-bound sprinter Dutee Chand pleads for new pair