North India gets respite from cold as mercury level rises
New Delhi: People in most parts of north India
got some respite from intense cold with further rise in
mercury level on Friday.
The night temperature rose in Jammu and Kashmir because of
cloudy skies and Srinagar recorded a low of 1.6 deg C today
against minus 1.5 deg C yesterday.
The normal temperature during this time of the season in
the city is minus 2 deg C, Met department officials said.
Gulmarg was the coldest place in the valley with a low of
minus 5.6 deg C against minus 9.9 deg C yesterday. The minimum
temperature in Pahalgam was minus 3.5 deg C against minus 6.2
deg C yesterday.
In Jammu, the minimum temperature was recorded at 8.2 deg
C against 7.6 deg C yesterday.
Ladakh region, however, continued to reel under intense
cold as Leh recorded a low of minus 12.4 deg C and Kargil
minus 9.0 deg C.
Cold conditions further receded in Punjab, Haryana and
Chandigarh with minimum temperature rising by up to four
degrees Celsius above normal in the region.
However, in Himachal Pradesh, the higher reaches reeled
under sub-zero temperatures even as mercury rose marginally at
Keylong, the district headquarters of the Lahaul and
Spiti, was the coldest place in the state with a low of minus
11.7 deg C while it was minus 5 deg C in Kalpa in Kinnaur
Shimla had partly cloudy sky and icy winds made the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside