Northern Rly reschedules several trains
New Delhi: The Northern Railways on Sunday
announced rescheduling of scores of trains even as 50 of them
reached the capital several hours behind schedule despite
improvement in visibility.
The rescheduling of as many as 23 trains and delays of
several others were due to foggy weather conditions prevailing
in the regions of north India, according to a Northern
Among the trains rescheduled were New Delhi-Puri
Neelanchal Express, New Delhi-Guwahati North East Express,
Delhi Jn-Kolkata Lal Quilla Express, Hazrat Nizammudin-Mumbai
Central August Kranti Raj among others.
The trains running late for more than 3 hours included
Jayanagar-Delhi Jn Saryu Yamuna Exp, Malda Tn-Delhi Jn Farakka
Express, Islampur-New Delhi Magadh Express and Jammu
Tawi-New Delhi Andman Exp among others.
Railways had earlier announced cancellation of about 19
trains till January 31 to tackle the situation.
The Northern Railway had already incurred a loss of Rs 10
crore last week alone due to cancellations, the spokesperson
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy