Northern Rly reschedules several trains
New Delhi: The Northern Railways on Sunday
announced rescheduling of scores of trains even as 50 of them
reached the capital several hours behind schedule despite
improvement in visibility.
The rescheduling of as many as 23 trains and delays of
several others were due to foggy weather conditions prevailing
in the regions of north India, according to a Northern
Among the trains rescheduled were New Delhi-Puri
Neelanchal Express, New Delhi-Guwahati North East Express,
Delhi Jn-Kolkata Lal Quilla Express, Hazrat Nizammudin-Mumbai
Central August Kranti Raj among others.
The trains running late for more than 3 hours included
Jayanagar-Delhi Jn Saryu Yamuna Exp, Malda Tn-Delhi Jn Farakka
Express, Islampur-New Delhi Magadh Express and Jammu
Tawi-New Delhi Andman Exp among others.
Railways had earlier announced cancellation of about 19
trains till January 31 to tackle the situation.
The Northern Railway had already incurred a loss of Rs 10
crore last week alone due to cancellations, the spokesperson
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive