Northern Rly reschedules several trains
New Delhi: The Northern Railways on Sunday
announced rescheduling of scores of trains even as 50 of them
reached the capital several hours behind schedule despite
improvement in visibility.
The rescheduling of as many as 23 trains and delays of
several others were due to foggy weather conditions prevailing
in the regions of north India, according to a Northern
Among the trains rescheduled were New Delhi-Puri
Neelanchal Express, New Delhi-Guwahati North East Express,
Delhi Jn-Kolkata Lal Quilla Express, Hazrat Nizammudin-Mumbai
Central August Kranti Raj among others.
The trains running late for more than 3 hours included
Jayanagar-Delhi Jn Saryu Yamuna Exp, Malda Tn-Delhi Jn Farakka
Express, Islampur-New Delhi Magadh Express and Jammu
Tawi-New Delhi Andman Exp among others.
Railways had earlier announced cancellation of about 19
trains till January 31 to tackle the situation.
The Northern Railway had already incurred a loss of Rs 10
crore last week alone due to cancellations, the spokesperson
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!