Northwest, central India set to experience another wet weekend
New Delhi: Northwest and central parts of the country are set to experience yet another wet spell this weekend making it the wettest February for the region.
The weatherman has attributed the unseasonal rains to a fresh extra-tropical weather system and its induced low pressure area that would affect western Himalayan region, northwest and adjoining central India.
Besides Delhi, the system is expected to bring rain to many parts of north Rajasthan, Punjab, Haryana and West Uttar Pradesh.
"The rainfall over Delhi is likely to begin on the early morning of 23rd and continue till the next morning," the India Meteorological Department said in a statement.
The weatherman has advised farmers in Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh withhold the irrigation in their fields.
Parts of Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand are expected to get heavy to moderate rain or snowfall between February 21 and 24.
This would be the third spell of rains due to an extra-tropical weather system, commonly called as western disturbance, to affect the north-west India since the beginning of this month.
The weatherman said such systems are not uncommon in February and normally five western disturbances affect the region during the month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016