Not asked Trivedi to resign; UPA safe: TMC
New Delhi: Union Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi’s fate appears to be sealed even as Trinamool Congress insisted that he has not been asked to resign.
“Trinamool has not asked Railway Minister to tender his
resignation,” party leader Sudip Bandopadhyay said in Parliament.
“The issue (Trivedi’s exit) is a matter to be settled between Trinamool
chief Mamata Banerjee and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh,” he added, after it was confirmed by Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee that a ‘communication’ had occurred between Mamata Banerjee and the Prime Minister.
Bandopadhyay went ahead and said that the government "is totally
settled and would complete its term".
Angered by Trivedi`s proposal in the Railway
Budget yesterday, Banerjee had written to the Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh last night seeking the Railway Minister`s removal and replacement
with Minister of State for Shipping Mukul Roy.
Prior to Bandopadyay, Pranab Mukherjee made a statement on the issue in the Parliament. Mukherjee said that the ‘communication’ received from Mamata was under "active consideration".
"As and when a decision will be taken, the House will be
informed," he said without divulging details of the
communication which, he said, was received late last night.
Trivedi was present in the Lok Sabha. He occupied the front row in the Lok Sabha which is usually occupied by senior ministers.
As per reports, Pranab Mukherjee has managed to placate Mamata for now, thereby ensuring that Trivedi will get to hold on its chair till the end of Budget Session.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh later said that the government will consider Mamata’s request.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in