Not asked Trivedi to resign; UPA safe: TMC
New Delhi: Union Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi’s fate appears to be sealed even as Trinamool Congress insisted that he has not been asked to resign.
“Trinamool has not asked Railway Minister to tender his
resignation,” party leader Sudip Bandopadhyay said in Parliament.
“The issue (Trivedi’s exit) is a matter to be settled between Trinamool
chief Mamata Banerjee and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh,” he added, after it was confirmed by Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee that a ‘communication’ had occurred between Mamata Banerjee and the Prime Minister.
Bandopadhyay went ahead and said that the government "is totally
settled and would complete its term".
Angered by Trivedi`s proposal in the Railway
Budget yesterday, Banerjee had written to the Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh last night seeking the Railway Minister`s removal and replacement
with Minister of State for Shipping Mukul Roy.
Prior to Bandopadyay, Pranab Mukherjee made a statement on the issue in the Parliament. Mukherjee said that the ‘communication’ received from Mamata was under "active consideration".
"As and when a decision will be taken, the House will be
informed," he said without divulging details of the
communication which, he said, was received late last night.
Trivedi was present in the Lok Sabha. He occupied the front row in the Lok Sabha which is usually occupied by senior ministers.
As per reports, Pranab Mukherjee has managed to placate Mamata for now, thereby ensuring that Trivedi will get to hold on its chair till the end of Budget Session.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh later said that the government will consider Mamata’s request.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- After Kejriwal's dramatic video message, sacked AAP minister claims his life under threat from Delhi CM
- Ruthlessness and positive the key to success in bowling: Ishant Sharma
- Telangana: suspension of 11 lower court judges revoked
- Aung San Suu Kyi keen to visit India
- Badal acquired land for construction of SYL: Amarinder