Not attempting to get ministership for daughter: Pawar
New Delhi: Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar on Sunday said his request to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to reduce the number of his existing portfolios was not
intended either to elevate his NCP colleague Praful Patel to Cabinet rank or to seek a ministerial berth for daughter Supriya Sule.
"No, No. She (Supriya) is not interested to join government at all at this end. And, secondly, I am not going to insist that Ministry should be given to my party," Pawar
told a TV news channel when asked whether he was hoping that the ministry he gives up, will be given to his daughter.
On whether there was an attempt to find a ministership for Supriya Sule or a promotion for Praful Patel, he said, "No, No. We know what is the practice in UPA. It depends on
your total number in Parliament for how many portfolios you are eligible. And my party got according to our numbers."
In fact, his party does not have "any right" to ask for additional ministership, Pawar categorically said.
"It is prime minister`s prerogative," he said when asked whether the ministership could go to anyone to any party.
Pawar said he asked the Prime Minister to reduce the number of his portfolios because of "too much work load" he had.
"It is too much work load and in last five years, I have managed and not only managed but have substantially improved...I am also party chief. I want to travel little more
in India, in the interior part of the country. That will be helpful for Agriculture (ministry), also for me to keep my rapport with the mass," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog