Not breaking defence ties with China, says Antony
Hyderabad: Defence Minister AK Antony on Friday denied that India was breaking defence ties with China.
"It is not the question of breaking ties," Antony told reporters on the sidelines of a programme at Mishra Dhatu Nigam Ltd (MIDHANI) here.
"There are occasional problems but that will not affect our broader approach," he said.
The defence minister was commenting on reports in a section of media that New Delhi is planning to break defence ties with Bejing amid reports that China denied visa to a senior army commander responsible for Jammu and Kashmir.
To another query, Antony said that the trend of private sector participation in defence needs to gather more momentum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'