Not breaking defence ties with China, says Antony
Hyderabad: Defence Minister AK Antony on Friday denied that India was breaking defence ties with China.
"It is not the question of breaking ties," Antony told reporters on the sidelines of a programme at Mishra Dhatu Nigam Ltd (MIDHANI) here.
"There are occasional problems but that will not affect our broader approach," he said.
The defence minister was commenting on reports in a section of media that New Delhi is planning to break defence ties with Bejing amid reports that China denied visa to a senior army commander responsible for Jammu and Kashmir.
To another query, Antony said that the trend of private sector participation in defence needs to gather more momentum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan welcomes appointment of Urjit Patel as his successor
- French court suspends burkini ban after challenge
- Flipkart rejigs top order to 'simplify' organisation
- PM Modi announces task force to prepare action plan for next three Olympic Games
- US economic growth estimate for 2nd quarter cut to 1.1%