‘Not CAG, CVC, CBI but private greed hindering good decisions’
New Delhi: It is not the "three Cs-- CAG, CVC and CBI" but "private greed" which is coming in the way of good decision making and these agencies were only asking questions in public interest as in cases of 2G, CWG and mining, Vigilance Commissioner R Srikumar said here on Monday.
"When we enquire... We find that private greed is coming in. As is the case of 2G. If that much mind boggling profits have been made, then who made it?," Srikumar said.
Speaking at a function organised by Confederation of Indian Industries (CII), Srikumar said problem comes in when public interest is compromised.
"Whether you talk about mining sector or coal sector, in fact we have asked for coal sector enquiries to be done. Wherever we find, corruption or private greed coming in and public interest is being given the go by, that`s where the problem comes in," he said.
Srikumar rejected criticism that the CAG, CVC and CBI were "coming in the way" of implementation of good schemes. He felt there was bad implementation of good government`s policy decisions due to lack of professional approach.
"In CVC, our job is to maintain public job and public interest. That`s why we start asking questions sometimes. And sometimes we are told that the three Cs-- CAG, CVC and CBI-- are people coming on the way of good decision making. If the decision is in public interest, we have nothing to say," he added.
"For example, the mid-day meal scheme. The scheme per se, there is no problem. But there are so many other problems.
"Many of the schemes which are good, they go awry in implementation. Like for example the CWG. It was such a beautiful scheme to give an impetus, make ourselves leaders but then we messed it up. We must approach everything based on professionalism," Srikumar said.
He said legislations to check corruption in corporate sector were pending before Parliament.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed