Not `hobnobbing` with Pak on 26/11 attack issue: Rajnath
New Delhi: The government on Wednesday rubbished allegations that it was "hobnobbing" with Pakistan over the 26/11 attack issue after it was claimed that BJP leader Sudheendra Kulkarni was engaged in track-II diplomacy.
"I will like to say that our government never indulges in hobnobbing. Our vision is perfectly clear on issues," Home Minister Rajnath Singh said in Rajya Sabha.
Singh`s remark came in reaction to Congress member Rajiv Shukla`s claim that Kulkarni has written about having gone to Pakistan for track-II diplomacy in the context of the 2008 Mumbai attack.
"You said that all measures have been taken to ensure that there is no repeat of Mumbai attack. But in the meanwhile what is this hobnobbing going on? Please tell me," Shukla asked.
He said this while stating that recently a new development has taken place vis-a-vis 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed -- an apparent reference to the meeting which an Indian journalist had with the LeT leader in Pakistan.
However, Singh responded saying, "Whenever any issue or problem comes to light, we make maximum efforts to resolve it."
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- Kerala law student rape and murder: Three detained by police
- WATCH: SHOCKING! When Ashish Nehra abused Mahendra Singh Dhoni for dropping Shahid Afridi's catch
- 58 weightlifters caught for doping last year: Sports Minister Sarbananda Sonowal
- PM Modi wants BJP MPs, ministers to highlight govt's schemes like LPG coverage, electrification of villages
- Tibet govt-in-exile in Dharamsala unpopular among Tibetans: China