Not in race for any Cabinet post: Supriya Sule
Yavatmal (Maha): Denying that she is in the race for any ministerial post at the Centre or in the state, NCP leader Supriya Sule on Wednesday said she would like to continue as party MP from her constituency till the next Lok Sabha elections.
"I am not in race of any ministerial post and even if I am offered one, I would refuse it till 2014," Sule, who is the daughter of NCP chief Sharad Pawar, said.
She was replying to a query on the possibility of her induction as minister either at the Centre or in the state government, amid growing talks on cabinet reshuffle.
It is my sincere effort to represent the Baramati Lok Sabha constituency in future as well, she said.
Sule was here to address a `Yuvati melawa` of her party.
She said her party leadership has entrusted her with the task of gathering women in the age group of 18 and 35 and empowering them, for which she has undertaken a district wise tour programme.
"We have decided to hold a state-level conference on October 28 in Aurangabad which would be inaugurated at the hands of the party chief and Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar," Supriya informed.
Elaborating the objectives of the `Yuvati Melawa`, Supriya said she wants the young women to come out and get themselves empowered to fight against eve-teasing, domestic violence, dowry, rape and atrocities.
This could be achieved only if women show their readiness to take up any social commitment and play a crucial role in the politics, she stressed.
"I have gathered information about the various problems of young women and a consolidated report would be submitted to the party high command after the state conference," Supriya said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'