Not in race for any Cabinet post: Supriya Sule
Yavatmal (Maha): Denying that she is in the race for any ministerial post at the Centre or in the state, NCP leader Supriya Sule on Wednesday said she would like to continue as party MP from her constituency till the next Lok Sabha elections.
"I am not in race of any ministerial post and even if I am offered one, I would refuse it till 2014," Sule, who is the daughter of NCP chief Sharad Pawar, said.
She was replying to a query on the possibility of her induction as minister either at the Centre or in the state government, amid growing talks on cabinet reshuffle.
It is my sincere effort to represent the Baramati Lok Sabha constituency in future as well, she said.
Sule was here to address a `Yuvati melawa` of her party.
She said her party leadership has entrusted her with the task of gathering women in the age group of 18 and 35 and empowering them, for which she has undertaken a district wise tour programme.
"We have decided to hold a state-level conference on October 28 in Aurangabad which would be inaugurated at the hands of the party chief and Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar," Supriya informed.
Elaborating the objectives of the `Yuvati Melawa`, Supriya said she wants the young women to come out and get themselves empowered to fight against eve-teasing, domestic violence, dowry, rape and atrocities.
This could be achieved only if women show their readiness to take up any social commitment and play a crucial role in the politics, she stressed.
"I have gathered information about the various problems of young women and a consolidated report would be submitted to the party high command after the state conference," Supriya said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!