Not proper to seek Bansal resignation before final CBI report: Mayawati
An 11-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a youth in Panjara village, police said on Monday.
The BSP supremo was asked to comment on the opposition demand for Bansal`s resignation after his nephew was held by the CBI for allegedly taking bribe for appointment of a Railway Board member.
When asked about UPA accepting resignations of allies like former Telecom Ministers A Raja and Dayanidhi Maran but shielding Congress members like Law Minister Ashwani Kumar and Bansal, Mayawati said, "We are not UPA constituents and are giving only outside support to it."
Bansal`s nephew Vijay Singla was arrested in Chandigarh for allegedly accepting Rs 90 lakh in cash from Manjunath, the conduit of Mahesh Kumar, recently promoted as Member (Staff), Railway Board.
Kumar was allegedly trying to get a lucrative position as Member (Electrical), Railway Board.
Bansal had issued a statement distancing himself from the incident involving his nephew. "Though a close relative, he or any other relative of mine does not and cannot meddle in my official function or influence my decision. There is also no business relationship between his and my family," he had said in the statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!