Not surprised by petrol-diesel prices hike: Nitish Kumar
Patna: Senior JD(U) leader and former Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar Tuesday said he was not surprised at rise in prices of petrol and diesel besides, soaring rates of food items under Narendra Modi government which could not deliver on tall promises made so far.
"I am not surprised. The rise in petrol and diesel prices along with soaring food prices have come as surprise to those who harboured expectations from the new government which had made tall promises of `Achhe din` (good days) on election eve," Kumar told reporters emerging from the Legislative Council.
Asked if the pet slogan of Narendra Modi "Achhe din" (good days) have come true or was it like "India Shinning" of previous NDA government, Kumar with a caustic smile said opposition was giving some more time to the new government before taking the government to task for its failures.
Kumar`s terse remarks came as reaction to hike of petrol price by a steep Rs 1.69 per litre and diesel by 50 paise a litre.
Kumar, who had served as Railway minister in the NDA rule of Atal Bihari Vajpayee, had earlier taken on the new government over rise of Railway passenger fare by 14.2 per cent as well that in freight by 6.7 per cent and said the results did not correspond with Modi government`s promise of "Achhe din" (good days).
Senior RJD leader and former Chief Minister Rabri Devi was also critical of the government for raising prices of petrol and diesel and said now `Achhe din` (good days) are coming under Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?