Not trying to break Team Anna: Khurshid
New Delhi: Law Minister Salman Khurshid, who met Anna Hazare recently, today rejected his charge that the government was trying to create a wedge between Team Anna members.
"No one is breaking Team Anna. You (media) don`t break it...No one is breaking Team Anna," Khurshid told reporters at the sidelights of a programme here.
Breaking his silence on the meeting with Khurshid on June 23 near Pune, Hazare said the minister had asked him to keep the meeting secret and he agreed. Khurshid had also asked him not to participate in the proposed fast in Delhi.
"When Salman Khurshid told me that the government will take a decision on the issue before July 25 (when Team Anna plans to go on fast), it clearly means that differences crop up in the team before the agitation so that I am not part of the protest.
"After coming to know about your government`s conspiracy, I do not wish to talk to any minister or any responsible person now or in future...," Hazare in Ralegan Siddhi today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!