Note on NCTC to be circulated ahead of CMs conference
New Delhi: The Home Ministry will circulate a note on the proposed National Counter Terrorism Centre (NCTC) ahead of the Chief Ministers Conference on internal security to be held in the first week of next month.
"We are circulating a draft soon and in any case this centre will be out of the ambit of the Intelligence Bureau," Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde told reporters at the monthly press conference.
The NCTC proposal ran into rough weather when several chief ministers from non-Congress state governments opposed the move to empower the NCTC for arrest and seizure.
The diluted proposal suggests taking out NCTC of the ambit of Intelligence Bureau and that it would conduct any search operation or arrest anyone in any state only after informing the state police chief.
The opposition of the states was over allowing NCTC to conduct operations unilaterally, which they felt, would infringe on the states` powers and would hurt the federal structure of the country.
Shinde said the NCTC would come for sure but only after satisfying every chief minister in the country.
The Chief Minister`s conference which may be held on April 4, will also discuss issues concerning the country`s internal security, activities of various terrorist organisations, militant activities in Jammu and Kashmir and insurgency problems in northeastern states.
On Telengana issue, the Home Minister said the recent blasts in Hyderabad will have no impact on the issue, which needed more consultations with political parties from Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'