Noted cartoonist Laxman`s condition stable
Mumbai: The condition of eminent cartoonist R K Laxman, who is being treated for lung infection and kidney problem at a hospital here, is critical but stable.
86-year-old Laxman, who was admitted to the Breach Candy Hospital on Sunday after suffering three mild strokes, is responding to medicines and is stable but the next two days are crucial, doctors attending on him said today.
Laxman is being treated for lung infection and kidney problem besides being treated for stroke, the doctors said. Laxman`s daughter-in-law Usha Srinivas, who visited the cartoonist in the morning, said, "There is slight improvement in his health but he is not in a position to talk."
The next two days will be crucial, she said quoting doctors. He is being treated by a team of doctors headed by Dr Hemant Thacker.
Laxman suffered a stroke on Thursday at his residence and subsequently had two more strokes while he was admitted at Sahyadri hospital in Pune. On Sunday, he was brought to Breach Candy Hospital by an air ambulance by his family physician and friend Dr Vinkar Gunjal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital