Noted cartoonist Laxman`s condition stable
Mumbai: The condition of eminent cartoonist R K Laxman, who is being treated for lung infection and kidney problem at a hospital here, is critical but stable.
86-year-old Laxman, who was admitted to the Breach Candy Hospital on Sunday after suffering three mild strokes, is responding to medicines and is stable but the next two days are crucial, doctors attending on him said today.
Laxman is being treated for lung infection and kidney problem besides being treated for stroke, the doctors said. Laxman`s daughter-in-law Usha Srinivas, who visited the cartoonist in the morning, said, "There is slight improvement in his health but he is not in a position to talk."
The next two days will be crucial, she said quoting doctors. He is being treated by a team of doctors headed by Dr Hemant Thacker.
Laxman suffered a stroke on Thursday at his residence and subsequently had two more strokes while he was admitted at Sahyadri hospital in Pune. On Sunday, he was brought to Breach Candy Hospital by an air ambulance by his family physician and friend Dr Vinkar Gunjal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi