Noted cartoonist Laxman`s condition stable
Mumbai: The condition of eminent cartoonist R K Laxman, who is being treated for lung infection and kidney problem at a hospital here, is critical but stable.
86-year-old Laxman, who was admitted to the Breach Candy Hospital on Sunday after suffering three mild strokes, is responding to medicines and is stable but the next two days are crucial, doctors attending on him said today.
Laxman is being treated for lung infection and kidney problem besides being treated for stroke, the doctors said. Laxman`s daughter-in-law Usha Srinivas, who visited the cartoonist in the morning, said, "There is slight improvement in his health but he is not in a position to talk."
The next two days will be crucial, she said quoting doctors. He is being treated by a team of doctors headed by Dr Hemant Thacker.
Laxman suffered a stroke on Thursday at his residence and subsequently had two more strokes while he was admitted at Sahyadri hospital in Pune. On Sunday, he was brought to Breach Candy Hospital by an air ambulance by his family physician and friend Dr Vinkar Gunjal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?