Noted cartoonist Laxman`s condition stable
Mumbai: The condition of eminent cartoonist R K Laxman, who is being treated for lung infection and kidney problem at a hospital here, is critical but stable.
86-year-old Laxman, who was admitted to the Breach Candy Hospital on Sunday after suffering three mild strokes, is responding to medicines and is stable but the next two days are crucial, doctors attending on him said today.
Laxman is being treated for lung infection and kidney problem besides being treated for stroke, the doctors said. Laxman`s daughter-in-law Usha Srinivas, who visited the cartoonist in the morning, said, "There is slight improvement in his health but he is not in a position to talk."
The next two days will be crucial, she said quoting doctors. He is being treated by a team of doctors headed by Dr Hemant Thacker.
Laxman suffered a stroke on Thursday at his residence and subsequently had two more strokes while he was admitted at Sahyadri hospital in Pune. On Sunday, he was brought to Breach Candy Hospital by an air ambulance by his family physician and friend Dr Vinkar Gunjal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Now, Nashik farmers sell fresh grapes online!
- Watch: Paraplegic Deepa Malik talks about her achievements!
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Mumbai: Mobile app to fight ISIS influence among youth across India
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen