Nothing personal against Nair: ISRO chief
Bangalore: A day after a high-level panel
report found "serious" administrative and procedural lapses on the part of former ISRO chief G Madhavan Nair and three
other scientists in the Antrix-Devas deal, space agency chief
K Radhakrishnan today said there was nothing personal in it.
"Whatever we really wanted to say on the subject, we have
put on the website. There is a full report. Conclusions and
recommendations on the second report. And there is a four-page
statement. I don`t want to add anything more. There is nothing
personal it it," he said.
Nair had picked holes in the report, saying it was
one-sided with "inconsistencies and inaccuracies" and attacked
Department of Space(DoS) headed by his successor Radhakrishnan
for "cowardice" in releasing only "convenient portions".
The report prepared by a five-member committee headed by
Pratyush Sinha, former Chief Vigilance Commissioner, was made
public on Saturday night. Antrix is the commercial arm of ISRO
and Devas is a private firm and the controversial deal has
since been annulled.
It said Antrix-Devas deal lacked transparency and
recommended that action needs to be taken against Nair and
fellow senior space scientists A Bhaskaranarayana, K R
Sridhara Murthi and K N Shankara all of whom have retired.
The report said the terms of Antrix-Devas contract "were
heavily loaded in favour of Devas".
The team, which was set up to examine the deal and
identify the acts of omission and commission by government
officials, said "...there have not only been serious
administrative and procedural lapses but also suggestion of
collusive behaviour on the part of certain individuals and
accordingly, responsibilities have to be fixed for taking
"It is very clear that there have been serious lapses of
judgement on the part of a number of officials," the report
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official