Nothing to hide on coal blocks: Narayanasamy
New Delhi: The government had nothing to hide, and decisions on coal block allocations were taken on the basis of recommendations of state governments, Minister of State in the Prime Minister`s Office V Narayanasamy said on Thursday.
Narayanasamy told reporters Thursday that it has been the stand of the government that allocations have been made to public sector undertakings and some private companies "on the recommendations of state governments where coal blocks were available".
"We have nothing to hide," he said.
Narayanasamy did not comment on remarks of former coal secretary P.C. Parakh that it was Prime Minister Manmohan Singh who decided on the allocation of two Odisha coal blocks in 2005, over which the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) filed a First Information Report (FIR) Tuesday.
"The matter is sub judice. It is being investigated by the CBI," the minister said.
The CBI Tuesday filed an FIR against Parakh and industrialist Kumar Mangalam Birla for alleged irregularities and criminal conspiracy in the allocation of the two blocks.
Parakh said he did not know why the CBI thought Birla and he were in a conspiracy, when the person who took the decision was not part of it.
"If a conspiracy is there, everyone is part of the conspiracy. If we are accused, the PM is as much a part of the conspiracy," Parakh said.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Wednesday said that the prime minister should take "final responsibility" for irregularities in the allocation of coal blocks, and resign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you