‘Nothing wrong in divergent views on Batla House’
Lucknow: Union minister and Congress leader
Sriprakash Jaiswal on Monday said there is nothing wrong in
multiple and divergent views surfacing within the party over
the Batla House encounter.
"The office bearers of the organisation have the right
and responsibility to raise issues and make a demand from its
government and there is nothing wrong in it," Jaiswal said
replying to questions on contradictory statements by Union
Home Minister P Chidambaram and Congress general secretary
Digvijay Singh over the issue.
When asked about Digvijay`s claim that the encounter was
fake, Jaiswal said the matter should be decided by the
concerned ministry. He also expressed hope that organisation
and government will together work the issue out soon and the
result will be before the people.
On Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav`s demand
for action on the matter, Jaiswal said Yadav had the right to
say it but asserted that the government and organisation were
two different things.
The union minister also expressed unhappiness with BSP`s
objections over the Election Commission`s decision to drape
statues of UP Chief Minister Mayawati and her party symbol
"We may or may not agree with it personally, but have to
follow it," he said adding that although personally, he too
was not in favour of the move but asserted there is no scope
for disagreeing once the decision has been taken.
On any possibility of post-poll alliance with SP in the
state, Jaiswal said there is no scope or need for it as
Congress is all set to form government with clear majority.
Taking a dig at Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi
depicting himself as Swami Vivekanand in some pictures,
Jaiswal said he appears to be doing "prayashchit" (penance)
and it has to be seen how well it goes down with the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Gold price extends gains, up Rs 200 per 10 grams
- Your travel cost to go down by 40% with India's first ever CNG two wheelers
- Lionel Messi announces international retirement after Copa America loss vs Chile
- Big fat royal wedding in Mysore, King Yaduveer Wadiyar ties the knot with Rajasthan royalty
- LeEco Le Max 2: Aiming to outshine rivals with powerful hardware, CDLA technology