Nothing wrong in Ritambhara sharing dais with Ramdev: Hegde
New Delhi: Justice N Santosh Hegde, a member of civil society in the joint drafting committee for Lokpal Bill, Saturday said there is nothing wrong in the presence of
Sangh Parivar leader Sadhvi Ritambhara on the dais where Baba Ramdev is on a hunger strike against black money.
"So far as the presence Sadhvi Ritambhara is concerned,
she may be an accused in Ayodhya (Babri Masjid demolition)
case but we are not supporting that cause. We are supporting
only the fight against corruption. If she wants to fight
against corruption, I do not see why she should not be allowed
to do that", he said.
When told that Ramdev had assured Anna Hazare yesterday
that no communal element will be allowed to join his
`satyagraha`, Hegde said "suppose Muslim League comes out
tomorrow to support, will they say the same thing"?
Hegde said "there are so many people like that who have
been accused but are holding high political offices but on the
ground until they are proved guilty, they are innocent".
Responding to a question about conflict of interest
between Anna Hazare-led civil society and Ramdev`s protest,
Justice Hegde said "so far as Baba`s hunger strike is
concerned, it is against corruption and we are also fighting
against corruption. Therefore, there is no conflict and hence
we welcome it and support it".
Asked about his coming to Delhi tomorrow, Hegde said "I
am speaking for myself. Not as members of Lokpal committee."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Get on the Dragon Boat to relish traditional dim sums at Delhi’s Yauatcha
- Anushka Sharma's FIRST LOOK from 'Sultan' 'Jag Ghoomeya' female version! SEE inside
- How Brexit will affect Indian IT sector
- 'Raped woman' remark: IOA contemplating to drop Salman Khan as goodwill ambassador for Rio Games?
- Woman files FIR against Delhi MLA Dinesh Mohaniya for misbehaviour; AAP leader rejects charge