Notice to be issued to Fortis Hospital: Walia
New Delhi: Delhi Government will soon
issue show cause notice to Fortis hospital in Vasant Kunj
in the national capital for flouting prescribed norms.
Replying to a question in the Delhi Assembly, Health
Minister Kiran Walia said the hospital is functioning without
getting prior approval to its building plan.
She said the land on which the hospital has been built
was alloted by the Delhi Development Authority to the Rajan
Dhal Charitable Trust and that the Government did not have any
information on whether the hospital has bought the plot from
"The hospital had given an application to MCD for
approval of its building plan but the building plan is yet to
be approved," Walia said, replying to a barrage of questions
on the issue by several BJP legislators.
We will soon initiate legal process against the
hospital. We will issue show cause notices to them for
flouting norms," she said.
The Health Minister said the hospital has offered free
treatment to only five patients since its inception which is
far less than the number of patients a private hospital built
on a subsidised government land need to offer free treatment.
"The hospital is included in the list of private
hospitals that need to offer free treatment to poor patient,"
To this almost all the BJP MLAs vociferously protested
against the hospital and demanded formation of a House
committee to probe the matter.
"We demand appointment of a committee to probe the
issue," said Leader of Opposition V K Malhotra.
The Delhi High Court had ruled that all private
hospitals, built on subsidised government land, must treat the
poor patients free of cost.
Following the order, the Health department had issued
a notice to private hospitals built on subsidised government
land to offer free treatment to poor patients.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert