Notice to be issued to Fortis Hospital: Walia
New Delhi: Delhi Government will soon
issue show cause notice to Fortis hospital in Vasant Kunj
in the national capital for flouting prescribed norms.
Replying to a question in the Delhi Assembly, Health
Minister Kiran Walia said the hospital is functioning without
getting prior approval to its building plan.
She said the land on which the hospital has been built
was alloted by the Delhi Development Authority to the Rajan
Dhal Charitable Trust and that the Government did not have any
information on whether the hospital has bought the plot from
"The hospital had given an application to MCD for
approval of its building plan but the building plan is yet to
be approved," Walia said, replying to a barrage of questions
on the issue by several BJP legislators.
We will soon initiate legal process against the
hospital. We will issue show cause notices to them for
flouting norms," she said.
The Health Minister said the hospital has offered free
treatment to only five patients since its inception which is
far less than the number of patients a private hospital built
on a subsidised government land need to offer free treatment.
"The hospital is included in the list of private
hospitals that need to offer free treatment to poor patient,"
To this almost all the BJP MLAs vociferously protested
against the hospital and demanded formation of a House
committee to probe the matter.
"We demand appointment of a committee to probe the
issue," said Leader of Opposition V K Malhotra.
The Delhi High Court had ruled that all private
hospitals, built on subsidised government land, must treat the
poor patients free of cost.
Following the order, the Health department had issued
a notice to private hospitals built on subsidised government
land to offer free treatment to poor patients.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price