Notice to be issued to Fortis Hospital: Walia
New Delhi: Delhi Government will soon
issue show cause notice to Fortis hospital in Vasant Kunj
in the national capital for flouting prescribed norms.
Replying to a question in the Delhi Assembly, Health
Minister Kiran Walia said the hospital is functioning without
getting prior approval to its building plan.
She said the land on which the hospital has been built
was alloted by the Delhi Development Authority to the Rajan
Dhal Charitable Trust and that the Government did not have any
information on whether the hospital has bought the plot from
"The hospital had given an application to MCD for
approval of its building plan but the building plan is yet to
be approved," Walia said, replying to a barrage of questions
on the issue by several BJP legislators.
We will soon initiate legal process against the
hospital. We will issue show cause notices to them for
flouting norms," she said.
The Health Minister said the hospital has offered free
treatment to only five patients since its inception which is
far less than the number of patients a private hospital built
on a subsidised government land need to offer free treatment.
"The hospital is included in the list of private
hospitals that need to offer free treatment to poor patient,"
To this almost all the BJP MLAs vociferously protested
against the hospital and demanded formation of a House
committee to probe the matter.
"We demand appointment of a committee to probe the
issue," said Leader of Opposition V K Malhotra.
The Delhi High Court had ruled that all private
hospitals, built on subsidised government land, must treat the
poor patients free of cost.
Following the order, the Health department had issued
a notice to private hospitals built on subsidised government
land to offer free treatment to poor patients.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp