Notice to CBI on bail plea of Kanimozhi, others
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Wednesday issued notice to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on the bail application of DMK MP Kanimozhi and four others accused in the 2G scam case, seeking its reply by December 1.
Justice VK Shali issued notice to the CBI after hearing arguments on behalf of Kanimozhi, Kalaignar TV chief Sharad Kumar, Cineyug Films founder Karim Morani, and Kusegaon Fruits and Vegetables Pvt Ltd directors Asif Balwa and Rajiv B. Agarwal.
Meanwhile, the court has also directed the Tihar Jail superintendent to submit a short medical report on Morani who approached court seeking bail on health grounds.
The three moved the high court with their bail plea after a CBI special court turned down their petition.
The CBI special court last week denied bail to Kanimozhi and seven others, saying the court will begin trial in the 2G scam from Nov 11.
Others whose bail applications were dismissed included Swan Telecom promoter Shahid Usman Balwa, former communications minister A. Raja`s then private secretary R.K. Chandolia, Morani, and former telecom secretary Siddhartha Behura.
Kanimozhi has been denied bail four times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried