Notice to CBI on bail plea of Kanimozhi, others
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Wednesday issued notice to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on the bail application of DMK MP Kanimozhi and four others accused in the 2G scam case, seeking its reply by December 1.
Justice VK Shali issued notice to the CBI after hearing arguments on behalf of Kanimozhi, Kalaignar TV chief Sharad Kumar, Cineyug Films founder Karim Morani, and Kusegaon Fruits and Vegetables Pvt Ltd directors Asif Balwa and Rajiv B. Agarwal.
Meanwhile, the court has also directed the Tihar Jail superintendent to submit a short medical report on Morani who approached court seeking bail on health grounds.
The three moved the high court with their bail plea after a CBI special court turned down their petition.
The CBI special court last week denied bail to Kanimozhi and seven others, saying the court will begin trial in the 2G scam from Nov 11.
Others whose bail applications were dismissed included Swan Telecom promoter Shahid Usman Balwa, former communications minister A. Raja`s then private secretary R.K. Chandolia, Morani, and former telecom secretary Siddhartha Behura.
Kanimozhi has been denied bail four times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sinners offering money to temples for solace: Chandrababu Naidu
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- After Arvind Kejriwal, Sonia Gandhi meets 13-year-old Delhi rape victim at AIIMS
- Randeep Hooda’s dream girl is beautiful – See pic
- Chemical factory blast sends shock waves in Dombivali near Mumbai; 3 dead, over 100 injured
- HC stays Haryana government's decision to grant 10% reservation to Jats, 5 other communities
- Unveiled! First teaser poster of Riteish Deshmukh, Nargis Fakhri's 'Banjo' – View pic