Notice to CBI on bail plea of Kanimozhi, others
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Wednesday issued notice to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on the bail application of DMK MP Kanimozhi and four others accused in the 2G scam case, seeking its reply by December 1.
Justice VK Shali issued notice to the CBI after hearing arguments on behalf of Kanimozhi, Kalaignar TV chief Sharad Kumar, Cineyug Films founder Karim Morani, and Kusegaon Fruits and Vegetables Pvt Ltd directors Asif Balwa and Rajiv B. Agarwal.
Meanwhile, the court has also directed the Tihar Jail superintendent to submit a short medical report on Morani who approached court seeking bail on health grounds.
The three moved the high court with their bail plea after a CBI special court turned down their petition.
The CBI special court last week denied bail to Kanimozhi and seven others, saying the court will begin trial in the 2G scam from Nov 11.
Others whose bail applications were dismissed included Swan Telecom promoter Shahid Usman Balwa, former communications minister A. Raja`s then private secretary R.K. Chandolia, Morani, and former telecom secretary Siddhartha Behura.
Kanimozhi has been denied bail four times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on political reasons responsible for 50 days of Kashmir unrest
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Vodafone launches 4G services in Haryana; get 20 GB data at just Rs 999
- Shahid Afridi virtually ruled out of lone T20 against England
- iBerry Auxus 4X with 4GB RAM launched in India at Rs 15,990
- OMG! UP politician calls traffic cop 'gunda' for doing his duty – WATCH Viral Video
- Two dead, seven injured in stampede after fire in Murshidabad hospital