Notice to CBI on bail plea of Kanimozhi, others
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Wednesday issued notice to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on the bail application of DMK MP Kanimozhi and four others accused in the 2G scam case, seeking its reply by December 1.
Justice VK Shali issued notice to the CBI after hearing arguments on behalf of Kanimozhi, Kalaignar TV chief Sharad Kumar, Cineyug Films founder Karim Morani, and Kusegaon Fruits and Vegetables Pvt Ltd directors Asif Balwa and Rajiv B. Agarwal.
Meanwhile, the court has also directed the Tihar Jail superintendent to submit a short medical report on Morani who approached court seeking bail on health grounds.
The three moved the high court with their bail plea after a CBI special court turned down their petition.
The CBI special court last week denied bail to Kanimozhi and seven others, saying the court will begin trial in the 2G scam from Nov 11.
Others whose bail applications were dismissed included Swan Telecom promoter Shahid Usman Balwa, former communications minister A. Raja`s then private secretary R.K. Chandolia, Morani, and former telecom secretary Siddhartha Behura.
Kanimozhi has been denied bail four times.
- IPL 2016: Sunrisers Hyderabad are a balanced side now, says David Warner on team's combination
- Vijender Singh hoping to carry momentum into fight in India
- Credit my weight loss to 'Bollywood pressure': Parineeti Chopra
- Kerala Assembly Elections: BJP president Amit Shah cancels poll visit
- Deaths in rehabilitation home: Raje govt suspends erring officials