Now, 4th terror mail surfaces; Ahmedabad next?
  • This Section
  • Latest
  • Web Wrap
Last Updated: Friday, September 09, 2011, 23:58
  
Zeenews Bureau

New Delhi: In a series of mail supposedly being sent by terror outfit Indian Mujahideen, a fourth mail surfaced on Friday evening threatening to carry our more blasts in the country.

The mail was again sent by Chotoo, who claims to be a member of the Indian Mujahideen.

The mail sent to media houses in Delhi and Mumbai claimed that the third mail sent from killindian@yahoo.com had been deciphered correctly that Indian Mujahideen will be carrying out another attack in Ahmedabad.

The fresh email was sent from the same gmail id "chotoominani5@gmail.com" this evening at 6:39 pm from which an electronic message was received yesterday.

It claimed that Indian Mujahideen had done the High Court blast after a lot of consideration and also challenged National Investigation Agency and Delhi Police to trace the mails.

The mail, signed by it also claimed that the third email received by Delhi Police headquarters was "correct and updated".

“The third mail which you received was sent by us only. IM thought long and hard before going ahead with the blasts. The NIA and Delhi Police will probably never be able to find out the source of the e-mails being sent by us. For them it is an impossible task. The information that you got from the third mail by us is the latest one. Now we are planning an attack in Ahmedabad at a place which will be crowded. Our mode of attack will be very different, so much so that, it will be very difficult for the police to detect it. The latest attack by us created a big bang. Now we will do something which will be bigger than this," the sender of the mail said.

Earlier in the day another terror e-mail had surfaced, warning of an impending attack. The e-mail from a Yahoo! account has been sent to the authorities in which an unnamed terror group claimed the responsibility for the blast.

The e-mail was received by the Intelligence Bureau (IB), which further passed it on to NIA and the Home Ministry. It is still being deciphered.

According to reports, the e-mail has also warned of an impending attack in the national capital. Meanwhile, the Ministry of Home Affairs has asked Yahoo! for the details of the e-mail account.

In an earlier development in the Delhi High Court blast probe, the e-mail supposedly sent by the Indian Mujahideen (IB) on Thursday claiming responsibility for the explosion has been traced to West Bengal.

Meanwhile, the investigating officials are trying to trace the IP address of the Indian Mujahideen e-mail.

Which group carried out the Wednesday’s Delhi HC blast is still a mystery. On Wednesday itself, Harkat-ul-Jehadi Islami (HuJI) claimed responsibility for the explosion. But on Thursday, Indian Mujahideen said it executed the blast. And on Friday, another e-mail from an unknown group claiming responsibility made it more complicated for the investigators.

In an e-mail to a few media organisations, the IM in fact warned of carrying out another attack on September 13 (Tuesday) at a crowded shopping complex. “Stop us if you can,” dared the IM.

Meanwhile, a day after picking up five persons for questioning, J&K police have prepared a sketch of the suspected e-mail sender from Kishtwar district and launched operations on Friday to track him down. This comes after HuJI claimed responsibility for the explosion on Wednesday itself.

The e-mail, attributed to the HuJI, was found to have been sent from Global Internet Cafe at Malik Market in Kishtwar

As per the description provided by the detained persons including the cyber cafe owner, the sender is a 17-18 year old boy, and the police are hopeful of tracing the suspect soon.

Terror struck Delhi on Wednesday, when a powerful bomb went off outside the Delhi High Court at 10.17 am. At least 13 persons were killed, and 73 others injured.


First Published: Friday, September 09, 2011, 19:48


comments powered by Disqus