Now, a website to expose Narendra Modi`s `lies`
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s rising popularity on the national scene has made his political opponents jittery, and now, some of his staunch critics have devised a new strategy to counter the unstoppable poster boy of the main opposition party, the BJP.
Reports on Friday said that the critics of Modi have launched a website - pheku.in - to counter his growing dominance in the internet world.
Social activists Shabnam Hashmi of Anhad, whose NGO has been fighting for justice for the victims of the 2002 riots in Gujarat, is believed to be behind the launch of the website, which aims to check the Gujarat BJP leader`s online prominence in 25 cities across the country.
In her Facebook update, Hashmi claims that the website would expose many facts about Modi, which had been “buried under the mountains of lies and deceits”.
However, the enormous fan following of Modi terms the move as a firm indication to their leader`s immense popularity and his stature as the BJP`s strongest contender for the prime minister`s post in 2014 elections.
Not only this, Modi critics have also coined a term "feku" or "pheku" to play down whatever and whenever the BJP leader says something by using #hashtags on Twitter.
A similar attempt was made to counter Modi on a previous occasion too. An Ahmedabad-based leading human rights lawyer Mukul Sinha and his close aides had launched a dedicated website www.truthofgujarat.com with an aim to expose Modi and bring to fore the "true picture of Gujarat".
Sinha, who has fought a legal battle against fake encounter cases in Gujarat and whose efforts in Sadiq Jamal, Tulsi Prajapati and Ishrat Jahan encounter cases necessitated a probe by the CBI, is a known critic of the Gujarat Chief Minister.
The cyber war against Modi also coincides with an online campaign from Congress, its social media wings, activists and intellectuals to challenge him and BJP on social networking websites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray