Now, an IIM course for aspiring women politicians
New Delhi: To groom aspiring women
politicians by helping them develop necessary skills, IIM
Bangalore on Tuesday launched a certificate course in political
leadership for them.
The three-month long programme called India-Women in
Leadership by the Centre for Public Policy (CPP) aims to equip
aspiring women leaders with the requisite skills, knowledge
and expertise in various aspects of governance.
It seeks to strengthen their ability to contest elections,
lobby for women`s rights and strengthen the overall network of
politically active women across India, said a statement. The
first batch starts on July 16.
The objective is to correct the imbalance in the Indian
political landscape where women hold a mere 10 per cent of
seats in India`s parliament, the statement added.
City-based Centre for Social Research (CSR), an NGO
working on gender empowerment, is also an active partner in
designing the course.
The programme includes lectures, field visits, as well as
a week each of intensive exposure visits in Delhi and
Singapore, the statement said.
According to the World Economic Forum?s 2009 Gender Gap
Index, India ranks 24 out of 135 countries for women?s
"This programme will enable women to enter, progress, and
make an impact in the political arena," said chairperson of CPP
at-IIMB Rajeev Gowda said while referring World Economic
Forums 2009 gender gap index where India ranks 24 out of 135
countries for womens political participation.
The Centre for Public Policy, a leading policy think tank,
was created in 2000 through a partnership agreement between
the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT), Government of
India, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks