Now Anil Shastri supports Nath, targets Montek
New Delhi: After attacking fuel price hike,
a senior Congress leader has targeted Deputy Chairman of Planning Commission Montek Singh Ahluwalia, telling him that the Government is run by "elected representatives and not the plan panel".
Anil Shastri tweeted that "People`s mandate to run
government is with elected representatives who are accountable
to electorate through Parliament, not Planning Commission".
The remarks were supportive of Road Transport and
Highways Minister Kamal Nath as they came close on the heels
of Ahluwalia telling Nath that a government cannot be run only
by those who know how to build roads.
Ahluwalia`s statement was a rebuff to the Transport
Minister for his charge that the plan panel was an "armchair
Nath had hit out at the Planning Commission on July 5,
describing it as an "armchair" advisor oblivious to the ground
realities of building roads. "Producing a book is one thing
and producing a road is another thing," he had said.
This is for the second time in a week that Shastri had
targeted Montek. On July six, Shastri had ridiculed him over
his statement that inflation would ease into a comfortable
zone by December, noting that the Deputy Chairman had made
such a statement in November last too.
Shastri, who is the Editor of Congress Sandesh, had last
month dubbed as "disastrous" the hike in the prices of
kerosene and cooking gas and had sought immediate intervention
of party chief Sonia Gandhi to give relief to the common man.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?