Now Anil Shastri supports Nath, targets Montek
New Delhi: After attacking fuel price hike,
a senior Congress leader has targeted Deputy Chairman of Planning Commission Montek Singh Ahluwalia, telling him that the Government is run by "elected representatives and not the plan panel".
Anil Shastri tweeted that "People`s mandate to run
government is with elected representatives who are accountable
to electorate through Parliament, not Planning Commission".
The remarks were supportive of Road Transport and
Highways Minister Kamal Nath as they came close on the heels
of Ahluwalia telling Nath that a government cannot be run only
by those who know how to build roads.
Ahluwalia`s statement was a rebuff to the Transport
Minister for his charge that the plan panel was an "armchair
Nath had hit out at the Planning Commission on July 5,
describing it as an "armchair" advisor oblivious to the ground
realities of building roads. "Producing a book is one thing
and producing a road is another thing," he had said.
This is for the second time in a week that Shastri had
targeted Montek. On July six, Shastri had ridiculed him over
his statement that inflation would ease into a comfortable
zone by December, noting that the Deputy Chairman had made
such a statement in November last too.
Shastri, who is the Editor of Congress Sandesh, had last
month dubbed as "disastrous" the hike in the prices of
kerosene and cooking gas and had sought immediate intervention
of party chief Sonia Gandhi to give relief to the common man.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory