Now Anil Shastri supports Nath, targets Montek
New Delhi: After attacking fuel price hike,
a senior Congress leader has targeted Deputy Chairman of Planning Commission Montek Singh Ahluwalia, telling him that the Government is run by "elected representatives and not the plan panel".
Anil Shastri tweeted that "People`s mandate to run
government is with elected representatives who are accountable
to electorate through Parliament, not Planning Commission".
The remarks were supportive of Road Transport and
Highways Minister Kamal Nath as they came close on the heels
of Ahluwalia telling Nath that a government cannot be run only
by those who know how to build roads.
Ahluwalia`s statement was a rebuff to the Transport
Minister for his charge that the plan panel was an "armchair
Nath had hit out at the Planning Commission on July 5,
describing it as an "armchair" advisor oblivious to the ground
realities of building roads. "Producing a book is one thing
and producing a road is another thing," he had said.
This is for the second time in a week that Shastri had
targeted Montek. On July six, Shastri had ridiculed him over
his statement that inflation would ease into a comfortable
zone by December, noting that the Deputy Chairman had made
such a statement in November last too.
Shastri, who is the Editor of Congress Sandesh, had last
month dubbed as "disastrous" the hike in the prices of
kerosene and cooking gas and had sought immediate intervention
of party chief Sonia Gandhi to give relief to the common man.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31