Now, Asaram Bapu slaps journalist
Ghaziabad: Days after miraculously escaping a chopper crash, Asaram Bapu courted controversy after he slapped a video journalist during his satsang in Ghaziabad on Monday.
The journalist has lodged an FIR against Bapu after he was publicly slapped by the noted religious guru from Gujarat.
As per reports, a Hindi news channel reporter along with the cameraman had approached Asaram Bapu for an interview during his three-day long satsang at Kavi Nagar in the city.
While answering a question on his miraculous escape in a helicopter crash in Godhra, Bapu said that the incident shows his power.
“I am so powerful that I came out unhurt even after the chopper broke up into three parts on landing,” he said leading to much excitement among his supporters. Asaram then asked the cameraman to record the response of the crowd but when the journalist ignored his order, he went wild and slapped the cameraman.
However, Asaram’s spokesperson Neelam Dubey claimed that nothing of this sort happened between the Guru and the journalist.
Dubey said that she can prove that the journalist is lying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends