Now, Asaram Bapu slaps journalist
Ghaziabad: Days after miraculously escaping a chopper crash, Asaram Bapu courted controversy after he slapped a video journalist during his satsang in Ghaziabad on Monday.
The journalist has lodged an FIR against Bapu after he was publicly slapped by the noted religious guru from Gujarat.
As per reports, a Hindi news channel reporter along with the cameraman had approached Asaram Bapu for an interview during his three-day long satsang at Kavi Nagar in the city.
While answering a question on his miraculous escape in a helicopter crash in Godhra, Bapu said that the incident shows his power.
“I am so powerful that I came out unhurt even after the chopper broke up into three parts on landing,” he said leading to much excitement among his supporters. Asaram then asked the cameraman to record the response of the crowd but when the journalist ignored his order, he went wild and slapped the cameraman.
However, Asaram’s spokesperson Neelam Dubey claimed that nothing of this sort happened between the Guru and the journalist.
Dubey said that she can prove that the journalist is lying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday