Now, Beni says even Re 1 constitutes corruption
New Delhi: In an effort to calm down the controversy erupted after his comment on hullabaloo surrounding Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid, gaffe-prone Union Minister of Steel Beni Prasad Verma said that even one rupee constitutes corruption.
Earlier on Monday, Verma commented on the charges against Khurshid, saying: "I don`t think a person like Khurshid will do anything for an amount like Rs 71 lakh. It is a very small amount for a central Minister. If it would have been Rs 71 crore, even I would have been serious."
Hours later, the Congress leader from Uttar Pradesh changed his statement, reported CNN-IBN.
Verma said he had been misquoted, adding: "Corruption is corruption, even if it is for one rupee”.
Law Minister Salman Khurshid’s NGO in Uttar Pradesh has been accused of siphoning Rs 71 lakh meant to help differently-abled people in the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video