Now BSF has `spy fidayeen bomb` vehicle to blow up militants
New Delhi: The BSF has developed a `spy
fidayeen bomb` vehicle which can stealthily enter into enemy
territory for surveillance and explode itself to eliminate a
The force`s technical wing has developed a battery
operated, four-wheel-enabled vehicle which has a night vision
camera and a cavity to carry an explosive to neutralise the
"The apparatus can be operated by a remote control at a
distance of 200 metre. It has a video camera attached to it
for receiving visuals and can function at night also," BSF
Inspector Rajendra Prasad said.
The device, costing Rs 20,000 has been developed by the
Assam-Meghalaya frontier of the force and the functioning of
the apparatus was also demonstrated to BSF Director General
Raman Srivastava during an exhibition here.
The orange coloured four-wheeler`s signals can be
received on a screen by the handler outside an enemy hideout
and can be used by troops in operations, Prasad, whose team
developed the device, said.
The para-military force has got a full-fledged technical
wing which takes up research and development of such gadgets
and devices which are useful for the force in it`s operational
Other units of the force have also developed equipments
like low-cost battery chargers, electronic tracker for stolen
weapons and wireless extension for POLNET among others. The
force recently got a patent on an Jammer device for IEDs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...