Now BSF has `spy fidayeen bomb` vehicle to blow up militants
New Delhi: The BSF has developed a `spy
fidayeen bomb` vehicle which can stealthily enter into enemy
territory for surveillance and explode itself to eliminate a
The force`s technical wing has developed a battery
operated, four-wheel-enabled vehicle which has a night vision
camera and a cavity to carry an explosive to neutralise the
"The apparatus can be operated by a remote control at a
distance of 200 metre. It has a video camera attached to it
for receiving visuals and can function at night also," BSF
Inspector Rajendra Prasad said.
The device, costing Rs 20,000 has been developed by the
Assam-Meghalaya frontier of the force and the functioning of
the apparatus was also demonstrated to BSF Director General
Raman Srivastava during an exhibition here.
The orange coloured four-wheeler`s signals can be
received on a screen by the handler outside an enemy hideout
and can be used by troops in operations, Prasad, whose team
developed the device, said.
The para-military force has got a full-fledged technical
wing which takes up research and development of such gadgets
and devices which are useful for the force in it`s operational
Other units of the force have also developed equipments
like low-cost battery chargers, electronic tracker for stolen
weapons and wireless extension for POLNET among others. The
force recently got a patent on an Jammer device for IEDs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm