Now, Congress youth workers protest outside Rajnath Singh`s house
New Delhi: A day after BJP youth activists staged a protest outside Rahul Gandhi`s residence, members of Congress` student outfit NSUI on Wednesday demonstrated near Rajnath Singh`s house here levelling corruption charges against BJP.
Activists of Youth Congress and National Students Union of India (NSUI) were baton charged by Delhi Police and some of them were detained as they tried to undertake a protest march towards the official residence of the BJP president.
The protesters claimed that there is corruption within BJP itself and the party should come clean on these charges before accusing others.
Heavy Police deployment was put in place and barricades were set up to stop the protesters.
Yesterday, BJP youth wing activists had staged a protest outside Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi`s residence demanding an explanation from him on charges of corruption against Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh.
Led by BJYM national president Anurag Thakur, the demonstrators had also demanded Singh`s resignation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress